Posted on

Piggy Paint Non-toxic Girls Nail Polish – Natural No Chemicals – Sometimes Sweet

MADE IN USA WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS Water, acrylates copolymer, neem oil. May contain the following colorants (depending on shade): Red 34 Lake, ultramarines, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 28, yellow 10, violet 2, zinc sulfide/copper, copper flake, orange 5, and red 22. – Non-toxic, 100% chemical free water-based solution – Hypoallergenic – Eco-friendly – odorless – Kid-friendly – Safe for pregnant and nursing moms PIGGY PAINT’S STORY My name is Melanie Hurley, founder of Piggy Paint. I am a mom with two very fancy little girls, ages 6 and 8, who love to have their fingernails painted. I’ve always hated the thought of my kiddos putting their hands in their mouths after I painted their nails with traditional kid polishes. Not only did the ingestion of the chemicals worry me, but the smell nearly left me light-headed after painting two sets of fingernails and toenails. One day while we were painting nails over a foam plate, my daughter dropped a glob of her solvent-based polish onto the plate. Shortly after, the paint began to bubble and “ate” through the plate. I looked in dismay at the hole in the plate and decided to test all of her other “kid” polishes on the foam. Within minutes, ALL of the solvent-based polishes began to bubble and eventually left big holes in the plate. From that day on, I decided that any flammable substance that could eat through foam was unacceptable for my children’s fingernails, which would inevitably end up in their mouths. My quest was on, and Piggy Paint was born. Piggy Paint is specially formulated from God’s natural ingredients and dries to a hard, durable finish. There are no toxic chemicals; it’s free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone. Say good-bye to harsh, smelly chemicals and hello to Piggy Paint…it’s as Natural as Mud.

Key features

  • NON-TOXIC WATER-BASED FORMULA – 100% Chemical Free & eco-friendly. 5 Free, 7 Free, Vegan & animal cruelty free, All Free. NO Formaldehyde, NO Toluene, NO DiButyl Phthalate (DBP), NO Formaldehyde resin, NO Bisphenol A, NO ethyl acetate and acetone or Camphor.
  • ODORLESS – Natural ingredients make Piggy Paint nail polish virtually odorless compared to solvent-based alternatives.
  • KID-FRIENDLY, SAFE FOR PREGNANCY – Made in the USA, you can rest assured that all of the natural ingredients are safe for pregnant & nursing moms, for use on babies, toddlers and young children.
  • FULL SIZE BOTTLES – At .5oz (15ml), each bottle is equal in size to the traditional nail polish bottles everywhere. Many non-toxic alternatives are half the size.
  • HARD, DURABLE FINISH – For best results use our Basecoat/Sealer and Topcoat (sold separately). Use a blow dryer on each layer to help ensure scratch and chip resistant results.

Honest reviews

★★★★★

Wonderful

I purchased this color and a few others with the idea that they were for my two year-old daughter’s Easter basket so I can paint her nails this summer (I would NEVER use regular polish on a child). However, I liked some of the colors so I decided to try them myself. I have always hated the way my hands smell after I use my regular “adult” nail polish. When I pull the lid off the container I keep my polish and remover in, it’s enough to kill a small horse. I also had serious concerns about using regular polish when I was pregnant with my daughter and nursing her due to the horrible chemicals that are in regular polish and the fumes they give off. Beyond that, more and more medical reports are concluding that nail polish fumes and chemicals may be unsafe. So, I tried piggy paint myself and WOW — I really like them! No, it doesn’t wear exactly the same/as well as OPI and other top regular brands. BUT, the trade-off makes that such a petty concern. Your health and that of your family vs a few more days chip free? It’s a no-brainer. Plus it’s better for the environment to not have so much of the chemicals in regular polish floating around. I went almost a full week before I had a really noticeable chip and that’s saying something for me. I have a two year-old so my hands are submerged in her bath water, dish water, I am constantly using Purell on her and washing her hands AND my own MULTIPLE times a day. In addition I have very long, very thick hair so it takes a while to wash it and condition it — consequently my polish takes a beating in the shower. Piggy Paint held up better than I expected under those punishing conditions and it has such a nice shine to it. So yeah, I’m willing to do my nails a little sooner than I would with stinky adult brands if it means I won’t have to smell those chemical fumes anymore or expose my family to them. Plus it feels good to know I’m being kinder to the earth. If you’re bothered by the smells and concerns that chemicals in regular polish bring, and if you want to find something kinder to the environment, then give this stuff a try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality and find it’s more than a fair trade for the benefits you’ll reap.

Bertie Gilcrest, CO
★★★★★

Piggy Paint Is Awesome!!!!

I bought Piggy Paint for my young daughters because they love to have their nails painted, but I was really worried about the harmful chemicals in regular nail polish.I LOVE Piggy Paint! I used it on their nails and then used it on my own. It has a nice texture that is easy to apply. The website says it takes longer to dry, but this was not the case for us – it dried very quickly I thought. The color was great, very pretty.And my daughters ADORE the name too – how cute!Piggy Paint is Most Excellent! I can’t recommend this stuff enough!

Britney Sutton, VT
★★★★★

Emmas Mommy

I love this product it is too cute I love how the polish stays on her fingers but it does not taste at all

Helene Bowler, WI
★★★★★

Stays On Better Than All The Other Less Toxic Brands

I have to say…I was skeptical about this brand but after trying several other less toxic brands, including Zoya and OPI, this one stays on even my hands the longest. On the toes it stays on forever.Love this brand and product !!

Lolita Shandon, CA
★★★★★

Great color

My daughter loves purple, so I bought this color for her. I love that Piggy Paints are non-toxic, but they just don’t last. 2 coats on toe nails last 3-4 days, and fingers last maybe 2 days. I’ve never tried any other polish on her, so maybe other brands will last the same since we’re talking about a busy 4 year old who loves water. The color is a great shade of purple, and it’s a little darker purple than what is pictured.

Abigail Oak View, CA
★★★★★

so cute!

This polish is so cute, has no strong odor, and is safe for my 2 year old and my 4 month old! My 2 year old is about as girly as it gets and she just loves having her nails done, but I didn’t want to slather her hands and feed with toxic chemicals and have her breathe in strong fumes while I painted them-when I found piggy paint, I was so thankful and it was the answer to my dilema! Its a little more expensive than traditional nail polish, but I’d say its worth it. The only downfall is that it doesn’t last very long, especially on the fingernails. This seems like a fair trade off for me though, and also means that I don’t have to use any remover on her nails by the time she asks me to paint them again!

Betsy Cullen, LA
★★★★★

Great bright color

I ordered this for my 3 month old daughter and got it mainly because its kid safe. Its a great color, very pretty and it works great for my baby’s toes. The paint doesn’t last long on the nail so if you’re looking for something for you then I would skip this product

Luella East Bernard, TX
★★★★★

My Daughter and I Love This

I bought this for my 3-1/2 year old daughter, but ended up using myself. I love it–and couldn’t be more pleased. It’s so nice to have a more gentle, water-based nail polish for us both to use. The color lasted well–and I took it off with regular acetone (nail polish remover). I wondered if it would come off more quickly than regular nail polish, but honestly–it seemed to last as long, even with many bubble baths and going swimming.This nail polish is expensive, but I feel it’s worth it because of the absence of harsh chemicals. I think it would also be great for pregnant Moms. Highly recommended.

Louise Clayville, NY
★★★★★

Hardly lasts.

This literally rubbed off my 2yr old daughters nails within 24hours. It doesnt stay on at all, which is frustrating.

Ila Marble Rock, IA
★★★★★

Beautiful Toenails

My granddaughter saw my newly painted toenails, and said, “Gramma, your toes are red!”. I explained toenail polish, and, of course she wanted some. Mom said OK, if we could find some non-toxic, children’s polish.This is perfect. My granddaughter loves pink/purple, and this color is the epitome of both. It glides on easily, and if a mistake is made, it is very easy to wipe off. The color is perfect for little toes. Now, granddaughter and Gramma wear their sandals, and, of course, toenails are very identifiable!This polish was such a hit. Even daddy liked it on his daughter’s toes. Everyone is happy.Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-07-12

Esther Schenley, PA