- Get soft, smooth skin with Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant
- This mild exfoliant has a unique formula that activates when combined with water
- Antioxidant rich strawberries and rhubarb work to tighten pores while cleansing
Great product, poor packaging
I am a big fan of Eminence products. I was excited to pick up this new exfoliant. Of the company’s line of skin polishers and exfoliants I can say that I really like their Yam and Pumpkin Enzyme Peel but their Pear and Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher is not effective enough for me. This product is very similar to Dermalogica’s Microfoliant; however, I think the Eminence version is significantly better. While Dermalogica’s version of a rice bran and oat exfoliant has won some InStyle best product awards, I truly think this product is superior.Eminence’s Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant is great for sensitive, acne prone or rosacea prone skin that can sometimes be difficult to exfoliate without irritation. I think the level of exfoliation is a great balance for those that cannot tolerate harsh scrubbing or harsh chemical exfoliants. The combination of the gentle rice powder along with the lactic acid makes this a gentle mix of chemical and manual exfoliation for skin. The composition of this product is not like other exfoliants and is a dry powder that you shake out of the top almost like a bottle of baby powder. After shaking out a dime or nickel size amount into your hand, mix the powder with water to form a paste and then apply to your skin in circular motions.The exfoliant includes:
• Salicylic acid that gently exfoliates and removes impurities to brighten skin and shrink pores
• Rhubarb: a good source of ascorbic acid and vitamins to fight the look of wrinkles
• Lactic Acid: sloughs off dead skin cells to improve texture of skin
• Rice: gentle exfoliant; buffs and smooths skin texture
• Chickpea Flour: tightens pores; absorbs excess oil and helps to buff and smooth skin
• Thermal Mud: contains high amounts of mineral trace elements and sulfur to improve and support the skin
• Oats: deeply cleanse and smoothe
• a booster of antioxidants, vitamins, Coenzyme Q10, and Alpha Lipoic Acid to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the appearance of skinOn the negative side, the packaging could be better. You have to be extremely careful not to get water in the top of the bottle or the product at the top will form a paste and it will become near impossible to shake any product out. If that happens you have to leave the bottle alone for about a week or so. This will allow the top to dry up completely and you can shake the powder out again. It is frustrating not being able to keep the bottle in or even remotely near my shower due to this issue. On the plus side, because it is just a dry powder it is easy to travel with and doesn’t take space in my carry-on liquids allotment.If you do not have sensitive skin this exfoliant may not be aggressive enough for you and you may be disappointed by it. That said, if you are one (like me) that likes to exfoliate everyday, because this is fairly gentle you can use it everyday without irritation. In contrast, some of the stronger exfoliants that we review on this site can only really be used once a week.For more reviews check out pimples and wrinkles. And be on the lookout for the launch of our new site that will have treatment reviews, spa reviews and product reviews. See you at pimples and wrinkles!
Great facial scrub
I’m new to using Eminence products after using regular cosmetics and skin care most of my adult life. This brand is organic and is widely used in prominent spas in California. I’m more conscious about chemicals and wanted to do a switch to organic full on and this seemed to be the only line to offer that with a lot of good reviews. So far I have used a bunch of products and I’m satisfied, specially since I had tried other organic products that didn’t really seem to work and were a waste of money.This scrub is made of small rice grains that don’t hurt the skin but gently seem to exfoliate as far as a scrub is concerned this is as good as any. The price is not so bad compared to other high end products and a little goes a long way. You just put a little bit of it in your fingers and slightly wet it with water then massage it in your face. For an extra umph if you have already one of the eminence toners you could us that instead of water and it is amazing. (I use it with the stone crop toner).
I was recommended this exfoliator by my esthetician. I use other Emonence products already so it was not difficult to convince me to purchase this product. This dermafoliant is different from others one may have used. It has texture of the powder and only a dash of it is needed when applying on the skin. Not only it exfoliates skin well, but strawberry fragrance is sublime. It makes process so much more pleasing. Small granules exfoliate skin gently. I rinsed my face with cold wated and then washed it off with Eminence Acai cleanser. Just aromatherapy rises senses of well being and pleasure. This is affordable line of products that is organic and good for your skin. Bottle of dermafoliant will last for a long time. I used to buy Estee Lauder’s Idealist for at home microdermabrasion once a week treatment, but this product will be replacing it.
Will buy again
I thought this would be a dissolving cream exfoilent that turns in to a paste when mixed with water. Instead this is a good daily exfoilator with grit without being rough. Works we’ll when mixed with cream cleanser. Harder to use when just mixing powder with water best used with cleanser.
I love this stuff – no irritation to my dry, sensitive skin at all. Like all Eminence products, less is better so it lasts a long time. Definitely will buy this again.
Waste of money.
I really love eminence products, but this exfoliant is the worst I’ve ever used. It does nothing for my skin and I think it causes new breakouts.
New favorite exfoliator
I love all Eminence products and this one is no exception. The product feels light on the face, a great alternative to heavier exfoliating drugstore cleansers. I have sensitive, oily and breakout prone skin and this has definitely made a difference. After using this along with the Eminence rose cleansing cream my skin has become more matte and my old acne marks are starting to heal.May seem expensive but this lasts wayyy longer then alternative products. A bottle will last at least a year when used weekly! Highly recommend.
Love this dermafoliant
I use skinceutical products so I like good products. I bought this one because my sister insisted it was good. So I went along. It is a very good and mild exfoliant for the skin. It smells wonderful and I am sure it will last forever because it takes such a small amount to do wonders. Definetely will buy again when it’s over. I like it very much.
I use daily. Love it!
It smells great. I use it every night. The dry flaky skin is gone. My skin glows and the sun spots are fading. I also notice a better texture to my skin.
This product makes my face smooth, feel clear without any excess skin and actually lasts longer than 4 days without having to use it again. In addition, my skin type is oily/dry combo skin type and I feel it is helping my skin become fresher looking and smoother for a longer period of time.