- Includes coupon in box for 2 free brush heads ($50) value
- Increases absorption of skin care products such as moisturizers, serum and lotions
- 3 power levels with one minute T-timer
- Deeply cleanses and stimulates the skin leaving it feeling and looking smoother – guaranteed
- Kit includes: cordless brush, two brush heads (normal & sensitive skin), counter charging cradle and a 2 oz. Clarisonic Daily Cleanser
For best results, use with Vit. C serums
Because i work in the beauty industry here in New York, i see all the behind-the-scenes secrets: Incestuous suppliers, do-nothing formulas, and idiotic marketing hype. Therefore, I normally don’t push products, being so jaded.BUT… I’ve actually fallen in love with the Clarisonic, a rotating brush head cleanser that’s powered by ultrasonic waves, by the same maker as SonicCare toothbrushes. you may have heard of it, and piqued by the testimonials. And I attest to its power. Why?My uncle is a plastic surgeon with a skincare clinic and has been promoting ultrasonic plated devices for
• to help products penetrate the skin better. (Imagine a Clarisonic with a flat metal head, no bristles –I’ve used this type of device to massage serums into my skin.) I am witness to the results from my own family members and his patients –seeing a huge difference in glow, firmness, texture, and brightness to their skin due to improved Vit. C serum absorption. Think of it this way–most cremes and potions sit on top of the skin, rarely penetrating through the top layers of dead skin cells to actually work. The ultrasonic waves help push the product into the skin more than using fingers.The Clarisonic takes this concept one up, starting with the cleansing step:Rotating bristles with ultrasonic power to remove the dead skin cells in the first place.The result is more thorough deep cleansing than washing by hand. Dirt and debris get whisked away, pores are massaged and stimulated (you will notice that blackheads are easier to remove or are slightly reduced), and overall skin health is brighter and improved! and the best part is that serums/cremes/moisturizers SINK in immediately after cleansing — skin soaks it right up b/c it’s prepped, no dead cell blockage, andit’s ready to receive your choice of anti-aging solutions.Therefore, I would not recommend using any old moisturizer. After all, the Clarisonic study was conducted using Vitamin C penetration levels and showed some 40-60% increase in absorption, so why use a run-of-the-mill moisturizer afterwards? This is where your actives come into play: Antioxidants, Retinol, Peptides, etc. My uncle also uses the Vitamin C serums on his patients b/c it is one of the few things that is proven to work in clinical trials as an anti-aging superpower. You must be sure to get the stabilized kind, such as Phytoceuticals C+E serum, (i think it’s 10-15% vitamin C) created by the doctor who first stabilized Vitamin C and then patented it. He originally founded Skinceuticals, then defected to form Phytoceuticals.After using the Clarisonic with my C serum for one month, my skin is so smooth and glowing with a brightness i had not seen before. I went back home for the holidays and everyone was commenting on my skin. Again, this is due to improved product penetration.I tried the Clarisonic on my body, and afterwards my skin was so smooth and my typically greasybody butter absorbed right away instead of sitting on top of my skin. But i don’t have the patience to sonic-fy my body every day (way too time-consuming).Buying or using the Clarisonic brand cleanser is not necessary – it’s a non-lathering milky cleanser similar to Cetaphil. I still recommend using a makeup remover
• cleansing.I’ve also heard that it clears up Keratosis Pilaris (chicken skin bumps, usually on back of arms), only if you are diligent about it. I can see why this would potentially work.Using the Clarisonic takes patience every day to go thru the routine and massage and circle your skin in small motions. Many times, after the “honeymoon” factor, we tend to get tired and just want to take shortcuts.However, the Clarisonic does not cure acne–the cystic kind, superficial kind, hormonal kind, or any kind. Believe me, if it did, i’d give it 5 stars.Hey, this machine ain’t the holy grail–but it’s pretty close.
Decent Cleaner but Seriously Overpriced.
I am a huge fan of the Sonicare toothbrush so I was elated when the company came out with a skin care product. I have been using Clarisonic for over a month and I have to say I have seen very little change in my skin. My pores are unchanged. There has been no extra firmness. The clarity and evenness of my skin are unchanged. I have seen no real reduction in break-outs (but I am not one who suffers from tremendous bouts of acne). I get the occasional blemish and, despite the Clarisonic, the occasional blemishes still find their way to the surface.I do think for someone who has trouble cleaning her face at night, the Clarisonic might be useful. It does a good job of removing makeup and other build-up. While I find this to be positive, for $200 I really expect much more out of this device. I am disappointed. A $200 makeup remover is not what I had in mind.This gadget, in no way, compares to the company’s toothbrush line. I think many, including myself, bought into the Clarisonic because of the great experience with Sonicare. Unfortunately, the Clarisonic is not yet the gem that the Sonicare is. Maybe over time it will improve but right now, do not expect much more than clean skin from this gadget.
It’s like a giant electric toothbrush for your face…
I’m in my early twenties and I am in a constant battle with my face. I use to have really bad acne which left me with a lot of scarring. Obagi helped a lot by getting rid of the scarring. I’m currently doing Fractional (the laser) to get rid of the rest.I started using Clarisonic recently. I was little hesitant at first because of the price. But heck, it’s my face, and whatever I can do to make it a little better, it’s worth it. I brought the limited pink version of this brush; I found it on ebay.First of all, the brush does clean my face well. My face does feel cleaner and smoother after using the brush. I like taking in to the shower with me as well to use on my body. I use it on the back of my arms and it has helped get rid of those little red pimples. By the way, the brush is not harsh on the face as long as you aren’t pressing down hard. By the end of the first day, I had it on high with the normal brush head.Is it worth $200? No, but it’s the only one on the market in its class. Trust me, I looked. Nothing compares to this one. Yes, it is definitely overpriced and they probably make a HUGE profit on it. Probably in a year after they get some competition from other brands, it will be cheaper.One thing I do hate about the brush is the lack of buttons. Basically one button does everything on this brush. It turns it on, off, changes speed, changes mode…it’s ridiculous. You have to sit there and look at the manuel to figure out what one beep and one long beep means. They need more than one button on this thing.Another thing I hate about this brush is that you can’t replace the battery! So, after three years when the battery breaks (and eventually they will all break), you have to purchase a new Clarisonic brush.Overall, if you have the money, go for this brush. If you don’t…wait, in a couple of months, the price will probably drop when other brands create similar products.
A no-hype product
I researched these a few months ago, but was skeptical. When my dermatologist recommended it for my sun damaged skin, I ordered it. I’ve been using it two times/day for a month and I have to say, the hyper-pigmentation is definitely fading. My pores are smaller and I think the dark circles under my eyes look better. I think another two months will see even more improvement.I use the brush on my eyelids. A side benefit is my dry eye problem, due to lack of oily part of tear fluid, has dramatically improved…go figure. Had I known this I would have ordered it years ago.
works with the cleanser
Since i use a topical gel (prescription) to control acne, my skin gets so dry and flaky and in the morning it used to take me 30 mins just to get the dead skin off my face. Usually this made my skin really irritated. But i had to do it because dead skin leads to breakouts and it looks really strange. This device with the included cleanser removed it super fast and painlessly, however, when I switched to other cleansers it did not seem to work as well. The clairsonic cleanser is hardly natural. It’s got alot of things in it that sound too ‘chemical facotry’ to me. I may actually return it, if i just can’t make it remove my dead skin without the cleanser. THis model also only came with a coupon for ONE skin brush, not two as I was told.
It’s not a miracle machine, but …
It actually does what it says it will do. It cleans your skin, incredibly deeply and thoroughly, you face looks like it’s glowing after you’ve used this thing. It’s expensive, sure, but if you spend a fortune on face products, etc. then you should invest in this instead.So, it makes your skin look better, that’s it’s job and it works. It won’t knock 20 years off you, but I’ve had a number of people telling me how well I looked since using it. Highly recommended.