- Calmoseptine Ointment is a moisture barrier ointment that contains calamine, zinc oxide, menthol, and lanolin.
- Originally designed to treat diaper rash, Calmoseptine Ointment has successfully been used to treat incontinence sites.
- Feeding tube site leakage, wound drainage, minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns, fecal or vaginal fistulas.
- Calmoseptine Ointment acts as a barrier to protect the skin and draw away moisture.
- By creating this barrier the Calmoseptine Ointment relieves discomfort and itching.
My 85 year old mother suffers with urinary incontinence as a result of a botched back surgery. This is the only product (and she has tried many, many) that calms, soothes and heals the irritation (i.e. diaper rash) that she suffers from. Her doctor, who is a nationally recognized expert in adult incontinence, highly recommended it and he was right. It is wonderful stuff! A little goes a long way and lasts all day. It cools, soothes and helps heal the problem and makes her comfortable once more. She says she wishes she had had it when she was raising her six children! Excellent product.
Love the smell and the tingling feeling
This pink thick paste is very similar to the classic zinc oxide used for diaper rash but it’s pink, it has a nice smell and tingles for a long time when applied. I don’t think it’s superior to the classic paste but I like it. Would recommend.
Minty wonderfulness for your butt
I have some embarrassing *ahem* problems back there that come in the form of fissures. I won’t go into detail, but this stuff is very relieving and doesn’t burn, but cools and soothes. It isn’t ‘gooey’ or squishy like I was afraid it might be, so it’s not a bothersome texture when you’re walking around (you know what I mean). Seems to help protect the are and promote healing. Just use clean hands or a utensil to remove the product each time – you don’t want it getting gross, but the tub means easy access to all of the product as opposed to a tube where you know you will end up wasting some. A tiny pea sized dab goes a long way.