Daggett & Ramsdell Lightening Soap 3.5 oz.
- Moisturizing soap cleanses as it helps lighten skin tone.
- With natural bearberry and licorice extracts.
I have been using this soap for the past month and a half and it really does lighten your skin to it natural color. However, It takes a while ( I still have darker sunburned areas that need to be ligtened) and the lightening is uneven. For example. Part of my hands are their natural color while part of my hand is still dark from the sun. My arms have not lightened at all but my legs are back to their original color.If you have a small area to treat this product is great but if you have a wide area that needs to be lightened just know you will have multiple colors until everything evens out.
Aisha Belle Rive, IL
I love this stuff…It is gentle on my skin and I have super sensitive skin and it actually lightens! I was surprised…it’s nice, it won’t make you an unnatural weird shade, probably the lightest you can go to your natural color, it’s good at taking away dark spots and tan lines!
Leona Salyer, CA
I use the soap on my legs because my legs get very dark. My legs get dark but all I do is put soap on my legs.
Jerri Elwood, KS
33 OZ, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, Liquid Hand Soap Refill Jug, Basil Scent, Refill Your 12.5 OZ Hand Soap Bottle With Our Economical Refill, Now Packaged In A Jug.
- Made with 40% less plastic
- Liquid hand soap refill
- Basil scent
- Packaged in a handy Jug
I really like the Meyer’s brand. I previously purchased Lemon Verbena and find it very refreshing. However, this lavender scent is not as clean. It is kind of musky and it just has a little too much of something that is not lavender. (For point of comparison, so far my favorite is EO brand lavender soap. It has a much cleaner and fresher scent.) I gave it two stars because I do like that it’s a natural product and that it is moisturizing and does not leave your hands dry in the winter.
Joyce Beresford, SD
I know this product for long time, so it’s not a new product to me! I really like it and will not change this soap for any other ever!!!!
Charlotte Dickens, NE
Safe for me, my pets, and the environment- it smells wonderful, works great, and is more economical than always buying single hand soaps. The container reseals and stores well until the next fill is needed. I usually get 1+fills for both my sinks before I have to reorder.
Flora Brant Rock, MA
We have worked for 15 years to refine our formulas. What we put into our products is just as important as what we leave out. Our body soap is rich, nutritious & will clean, nourish & feed your skin with organic & all natural ingredients, including extracts & essential oils. It leaves your skin healthy & beautiful. Excellent for those with sensitive skin. Lathers & rinses clean with skin soothing ingredients, without leaving build-up, stripping or drying out your skin. NO harmful chemicals what-so-ever! No SLS, SLES, parabens, PG or PG derivatives, sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrance or anesthetizing agents. Environmentally friendly, vegan formula.
- PERFECT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES. HYPOALLERGENIC. ESPECIALLY GREAT FOR THOSE WITH VERY SENSITIVE, DRY OR OILY SKIN: NO harmful chemicals (no SLS, SLES, PG, PG derivatives, parabens, sulfates, dyes or synthetic fragrance). Greatly improves condition of the skin. Please note color may slightly vary from bar to bar.
- ORGANIC & 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Satisfaction Guaranteed. Our products are prepared fresh on a regular basis to ensure they are at their optimum best when you receive them. We even go one step further and guarantee purity and freshness for 6 months after your purchase date. Should anything appear unsatisfactory to you within that time, simply return it for a replacement or full refund.
- CRUELTY FREE – NO ANIMAL TESTING. VEGAN FORMULA: Environmentally friendly. TWO BAR SET. Gently & thoroughly cleanses your skin without stripping, drying out your skin or leaving build-up. Baby safe! Our soap does not contain any toxic anesthetizing ingredients (tear duct numbing agents). Tip: When washing baby’s hands or face area, rinse them right away to avoid baby getting soap in eyes.
- FRESH, VIBRANT SKIN AND HEALTHY HAIR SAY A LOT ABOUT A PERSON: The question is, how do you maintain the freshness and vibrancy of youth, naturally? No one ever said they wanted to grow up and have invasive surgery, skin injections or laser treatments. It’s expensive, scary, and it often looks quite artificial. There is a solution, though. Human skin is a living organ with the ability to absorb and send into the bloodstream what is applied to it, and one theory holds that the chemical ingredients in your hair and skin products are causing you to age too early. The good news is you can halt AND repair the damage, naturally. That’s where our products come in.
- NO HARMFUL TOXIC CHEMICALS: Personal care items found on store shelves invariably contain harmful chemical preservatives and other seriously harmful ingredients. All of those commercial products have chemicals added. They have no choice because their products must support a shelf life of at least two years! This is also the case with products in health food stores. Here is a perfect illustration of this point: A few years ago a national health food store chain contacted us about purchasing our line of hair and skin products so they could produce them under their own label. Although we knew what the outcome would be, we prepared and sent samples to them along with the list of ingredients. The executives for the health food store chain loved them! But . . . they had one special request. They wanted us to add a chemical preservative to each product so as to guarantee a 2 year shelf life! Needless to say, we had no interest. We mean it when we say that our definition of natural includes the phrase: NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS.
This soap is quite good. It lathers up very thick (I use it with a shower pouf) and it doesn’t smell and doesn’t try out my skin or make it itch. It leaves me feeling clean and I really like the glycerin scent (no fragrance). There are no chemicals in this soap and I just feel good using it. I did notice that the bar seemed to be getting smaller a little faster than I expected, I think this is because there are no chemicals in it to withstand the water breaking it down. I handled this by storing it on my shower shelf out of the stream of the shower and this helped make it last much longer. Really like it and will re-buy. If you don’t want to put chemicals on your skin, this is a great soap.
Kimberley Oak City, NC
I like to try different products on the market these days, especially ones like this that are natural with no harmful additives. I recommend this soap for anyone. It’s got a nice gentle scent (all natural) and leaves my skin soft
Amie Spring Gap, MD
I first tried this body soap in the sampler package with the shampoo, conditioner and face wash. I have a filter on my shower to filter out chlorine and other unwanted chemicals so I wanted a bath soap that was organic, pure and natural. This is fabulous soap, It lathers very well, and leaves no residue. I set it on a dry wash cloth after use, and it does not get mushy or dissolve like so many others. This soap is dense and thick and lasts a very long time. Great caring company with a great product.
Connie Lone Rock, IA
Papoutsanis Pure Greek Olive Oil Soap is is pure and simple made according to centuries old Greek traditions. Papoutsanis has been crafting soaps for nearly 2 centuries, and their experience shows. This is simply one of the best and gentlest ways to wash your skin. This soap is unscented and long-lasting. The 6-Pack is a great way to save on your purchase.
- Product of Greece
- Authentic traditional premium quality
- pure and simple ingredients, UNSCENTED
- great for your skin
- super value when buying a 6-PACK
If that doesn’t immediately turn you off, it’s a very light scented soap in large bars that gets you clean and rinses clean. I’m using it for a shampoo at present, because it cleans my hair without stripping it of the essential oils. It’s definitely different and superior to the heavy tallow soaps and chemical-laden body washes prevalent in this country.
Ursula Melvindale, MI
I have been looking for a soap that would help my family overcome dry and itch skin due to the weather conditions. I ordered this product and love it. Some of the reviews stated that the soap left you smelling like olive oil. I hardly notice the smell, and my itchy dry skin is gone. I no longer apply body lotion after my shower because my skin feels soft and hydrated. I will purchase this product again.
Lillie Sunset, ME
Great quality, very smooth on the skin. It is just perfect. This soap is just as good as the Savon de Marseille. You will have to wait almost a month to get it, because they ship it in 2 packages from Greece, but is worth the wait. Plus they provide a great customer service. Definitively I will return to buy more. Great quality and price!
May Hammond, OR
Benefits of Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap The original kojic acid lightening soap, Kojie San’s formulation blends effective whitening ingredients with nourishing coconut oil and a fresh orange fragrance. Kojic acid was discovered while processing rice for Japanese wines. The naturally derived ingredients in this soap have been proven to safely and quickly reveal even skin by gently smoothing away dark spots, discoloration, and other imperfections. – 2 Bars – 65g each – Suitable for use on both face and body – Moisturizing coconut oil primes skin for maximum absorption of kojic acid – Fades age spots, freckles, and other signs of sun damage – Gently heals acne blemishes and erases red marks and scars – Continuous use will result in fairer skin and prevent breakouts – See results within days!
- KOJIE SAN SKIN LIGHTENING KOJIC ACID SOAP 2 BARS – 65G
- – Continuous use will result in fairer skin and prevent breakouts
- – Suitable for use on both face and body
- – Moisturizing coconut oil primes skin for maximum absorption of kojic acid
- – Fades age spots, freckles, and other signs of sun damage
I’ve been using this product on my face everyday for the last few months and it has worked miracles. My skin tone is even and has brightened. I have a natural glow and I don’t have to apply much makeup at all now. The soap works, it just requires consistency. Also, make sure you have a good moisturizer, it does tend to be a bit drying.
Debra Albion, NY
I may purchase this but I don’t really see a difference. It does make your skin soft though. It’s worth a try.
Darla Twin Valley, MN
I did not see any results with this soap. It was drying on my skin as well. I would not repurchase.
Celeste Mount Bethel, PA
Tom’s Deodorant Body Bar contains the natural odor-fighting properties of sage and lemongrass to keep you feeling fresh and smelling great. Milled four times for premium quality, our soap contains ingredients from palm and coconut to provide a rich lather that washes off easily.
- 4 Ounces Bar
- Serving Size:
This doesn’t seem to make my eczema flare up or itch badly, which is always a good thing. The soap does leave a bit of residue behind however, even after thorough rinsing (particularly noticeable on my hands). Maybe that’s good for some, but I don’t prefer it.
Corrine Tecumseh, OK
I usually buy cheaper soaps or use leftover hotel soaps but as soon as the weather got colder I noticed my skin was getting dry and itchy. I immediately looked for a different soap and found Tom’s of Maine had a great olive oil soap. This soap also has Vitamin E in it so it is doubly healing. It has a light fruity fragrance which is not at all offensive and doesn’t leave your skin scented either. I also find that when using this soap I don’t need as much moisturizer. So even though the soap is a little more expensive than I normally pay I actually feel like I’m saving money.~The Rebecca Review
Holly Lawrenceville, IL
I am very sensitive to soaps and need something with no glycerin and scents etc… This one works well. I do recommend it
Lenore Algonquin, IL
“Leaves of three, leave them be.” 99.82% Natural. Our unique blend of jewelweed, clay and pine tar are carefully formulated to offer a mild and cleansing bar of soap, perfect for anyone who enjoys the great out-of-doors. Customer Inquiry Hotline: 1-800-849-7112 www.burtsbees.com
- 99.82% natural
- Features pine tar and tea tree oil
- Gentle cleansing bar soap
This soap works almost instantaneously to stop the itching of poison ivy and all of the other similar types of plants in that same family. I.E. poison oak, poison sumac, ect.It has a wonderful smoky aroma that my children love. That really makes it easier for my to get them to use it.
Selena Olton, TX
Picked up a little rash while camping and had this plus Benadryl. This soap really works to stop the itch and it will prevent the rash from spreading. It really works, and it doesn’t have a foul odor or any weird side-effects like oral medication (Benadryl works great but makes me so sleepy). It’s the best OTC poison ivy treatment I’ve ever used.
Enid Goodsprings, AL
My husband got a bad case of poison ivy and it was just eating his skin off, he even went to the doctors, which he never does, but nothing made it stop……it was awful….then my cousin said to try this…..this stuff is amazing! Totally stopped it in its tracks and started the healing after the vey first use. I will never be without this in my house! Smells strong and not so great, but works.
Ashlee Longbranch, WA
Clearly natural liquid glycerin soap’s 100% natural glycerin formula will not strip away your skin’s natural oils. The all-natural formula provides extra moisturizing that will not leave skin dry or itchy. It rinses off easily, leaving no sticky film on your skin or your tub. This biodegradable soap contains no animal ingredients or by-products, parabens, preservatives, colorants or artificial dyes. Unscented formula is recommended for those with the most sensitive skin and sensitivity to fragrances.
- 100% natural glycerin formula
- Will not strip away your skin’s natural oils
- Provides extra moisturizing that will not leave skin dry or itchy
- Rinses off easily, leaving no sticky film on your skin or your tub
- Biodegradable formula contains no animal ingredients or by-products, parabens, preservatives, colorants or artificial dyes
very moisturing, but takes a long time to rinse, and it has an odd odor. Also the way it shoots horizontally out of the bottle is annoying it often goes right over my hand instead of down into it. I much prefer the liquid soap from Vanicream, though that product is much more expensive.
Dollie Bothell, WA
It is a great product. It is gentle yet powerful. It degreases well with out over drying. I actually use it on my face occasionally.
Henrietta Avalon, WI
This soap doesn’t make a great lather, but it does get your hands clean without a lot of harsh chemicals and terrible smells. I also used this soap to clean out pump parts when I was breastfeeding, because I didn’t want to get chemical smells in there!
Mindy Shelter Island, NY
Nubian heritage African black bar soap is deep cleansing with oats, aloe and vitamin e. African black soap, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel has been used in Africa for centuries to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. Historical references to shea butter, a staple of African pharmacology, date back to the reported shea butter caravans of Cleopatra’s Egypt. Nubian heritage’s authentic African black soap combines shea butter’s healing and hydrating properties with the ancient medicinal properties of palm ash, plantain peel, tar and tamarind to balance and resolve problem skin. Nubian heritage’s deep cleansing formula aids exfoliation and promotes new cell growth to reveal radiant, fresh, even and healthy skin. Nubian heritage’s natural, herbal and aromatic recipes help to bring balance to the body, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Nubian heritage’s natural ingredients and our customized fragrance profiles are designed to bring balance into our lives, balance is what Nubian heritage believes is at the root of all healing, and Nubian heritage delivers healing benefits through creating and establishing balance and harmony.
- The Nubian heritage African black soap line combines the ancient medicinal properties of black soap with the hydrating properties of shea butter to balance problem skin
- Aids exfoliation revealing radiant, fresh, even and healthy-looking skin
- Anti-blemish, detoxifying and healing
There are some pros and cons with this soap, as with most things. Pros: smells great, natural ingredients, non-drying, and helps clear up skin a little (yes, just a little). Cons: leaves a blackish/brown film all over the shower (MOST annoying thing about this product. It doesn’t matter if you clean your shower frequently, this soap will make it look dirty immediately after using). MELTS easily in water, bad if you leave in a wet soap dish. In my personal opinion, there are better products out there that are better for problematic skin, and that don’t have the same drawbacks.
Lenore Saipan, MP
I first tried a raw, natural African black soap from Nature and Herbs. It felt very harsh on my skin – I felt a burning/stinging sensation on my cheeks when I washed with it, and afterwards, my skin felt squeaky clean, but not in a good way – it felt raw and stripped.Based on reviews, I decided to try the Nubian Heritage black soap. I purchased it at Whole Foods for three dollars and ninety-nine cents. It smells delicious. It does not burn my skin (but don’t get it in your eyes!). I haven’t used it long enough to see if my skin benefits from it, but I will update my review after a month. I’m hoping the soap will clear up my blemishes (it’s not fair that I should still be getting pimples in my 40s!!) and help fade old blemish scars.
Kasey Gumberry, NC
I use the Africian Black Soap and thought I’d have my daughter give them one a shot. It really helps clear up acne. She uses it in the morning and at bedtime. It’s also very helpful after a good workout (sweat).
Isabel Evans Mills, NY
Enriched with Dead Sea minerals and sulphur, Jericho Sulfur soap is known for its healing proper ties to skin problems, such as Psoriasis and Eczema. Contains Olive Oil and Aloe Vera that balance the skin natural moisture.
- Sulfur Soap Bar from the Dead Sea
- The Original Jericho Sulphur Soap
- Sulfur is known for its healing properties of different skin conditions, such as Psoriasis and Eczema
- Contains Olive Oil and Aloe Vera that balance the skin natural moisture.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
This soap makes my face break out and makes my skin itchy. I have used other soaps for much cheaper and more natural ingredients. I was going for sulphur soap to help with acne breakouts and uneven skin tones. This did not help much…however, I use this soap in the steam room sometimes and I do like how it feels when using the soap and immediately steaming…
Donna Colby, WI
I was hopeful this soap would help my son’s acne. Perhaps his skin was too bad for this product, but it wasn’t any different than using any old soap. Smells terrible, but it’s sulphur soap.
Debra Belle Mead, NJ
I have used many products on my skin, searching for a better look to my skin! This one is great! I just wash it in the am with with bar, and my pores look smaller, breakouts are to a minimum. (just an occasional small one) and fab looking skin! thanks!! Won’t be without this!
Yolanda Tewksbury, MA