If I could give this NEGATIVE stars and insert a flaming middle finger icon, I would!I’ve colored my own hair for decades, off and on. (Right now I’m coloring in between salon visits) And…let me say, I’ve never been more pissed off at a hair color in my life. I dropped $11 for this at the grocery store because I had noticed my color had grown out about 1/2″ and my white…er, gray, was showing at the top. Can’t have that.Supposed to put the stuff into a foaming bottle, and gently roll around, don’t shake it! You’ll cause it to not foam up, they say. (holding my sides, rolling on the floor in laughter at this….) If it doesn’t foam, don’t blame yourself!!!I don’t even know where to begin with this garbage! Well let me just go by what the box says, item by item.
• “Salon precise foam coverage”: There was nothing precise, or foam-y, about this product. I didn’t shake it, I rolled the bottle around gently like it tells you to do. I still had liquidy mess coming out of the pump, NOT thick foam per the photos plastered all over the box. PRECISE? If by precise you mean this ___ runs like Secretariat at the Derby, sure!
• “Salon quality results”: I am sure that MOST of us at one time or another had their hair colored at some kind of Snip n Clip place inside a Wal-mart. Come on, haven’t you ever been that desperate at least once in your life? Well I’m here to tell you that NO ONE could make your hair look this bad, not even you. Not some fresh beauty school graduate at a Wal-Mart salon. Not even a beauty student in training could EVER mess up your hair as bad as this stuff will. If you went to a salon whose colorist only managed to get about 20% of your hair colored, left most of the grays untouched, and the rest was a tonal mess, wouldn’t you be insane with anger? Welcome to John Frieda Precision Foam Color At Home Salon. You suck.
• “Easy to apply, non drip formula”: Ok so yeah, it didn’t drip: IT RAN. It ran like an ape with it’s butt on fire. Couldn’t color my grays, but d
• mn you should see how it colors your forehead! If you do get this stuff despite my horrible review, at least put some Vaseline around your hairline.
• “Vibrant Shine!”: Well yeah, that shine comes from the sun reflecting off the MILLIONS OF GRAYS this stuff refused to cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• “100% gray coverage”: Sure, I have resistant gray. But even the cheapest, nastiest hair color (::cough:: Clairol :: cough!!) covers more of my gray than THIS. For all the time it took and the sheer mess this crap created, most of my gray areas looked as if I hadn’t even touched them with dye. Or worse, that I have jaundice in my hair. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE, this crap does not cover much gray!!
• The color looked like someone took a pee on the top of my head. Virgin new growth hair, so it’s not reacting to previous color. Yellow-reflecting roots and maybe 20% of them were actually colored (yellow, but hey yellow is a color). This box has been sitting on my counter for a month now as I tried to calm down enough to write a review that wasn’t filled with expletives, but every time I see the box I get mad all over again. I want four refunds just to take the edge off my anger, for the money and time I wasted using this product. And then I had to spend a few days looking like a PISS HEAD until I could color it again, with something else.And the funny thing is: I bought the ION Permanent in Medium Copper; and it was on sale. I think I paid under $4 for the tube, and used only about 1/4 of it. Guess what, perfect match on my hair, covered ALL the grays, and it’s lasting and lasting. It even colored over the URINE SAMPLE YELLOW that the John Frieda imparted to my hair and you cannot tell that my hair is color treated. So go Ion, skip John Frieda!